Saturday, August 24, 2024

Commentary on Shabad: "Hau Balhaaree Tin Kau Meri Jindurreeye..."


Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - Raag Bihaagraa - Guru Raam Daas Ji - Ang 539


ਬਿਹਾਗੜਾ
ਮਹਲਾ
Written in Raag Bihaagra (feeling of extreme sadness and pain, which gives rise to the need to find peace and understanding) by the  4th Guru.

ਹਉ
ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ ਕਉ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਧਾਰੋ ਰਾਮ
O my soul, I am a sacrifice unto those, who have the support of the Name of the Lord Master as their support for life.

ਗੁਰਿ
ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਬਿਖੁ ਭਉਜਲੁ ਤਾਰਣਹਾਰੋ ਰਾਮ
O my soul! The Great Sat-Guru, True Guru, has implanted the Name within them; He is the Saviour from the poison-like ocean of life.

ਜਿਨ
ਇਕ ਮਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਤਿਨ ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾ ਜੈਕਾਰੋ ਰਾਮ
O my soul! They, who have single-mindedly remembered God, I acclaim the victory of those holy people.

ਨਾਨਕ
ਹਰਿ ਜਪਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਸਭਿ ਦੂਖ ਨਿਵਾਰਣਹਾਰੋ ਰਾਮ ੧॥
Nanak says: O my soul! The saints obtained eternal peace by meditating over God, who destroys all distress.

ਸਾ
ਰਸਨਾ ਧਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵੈ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ
O my soul! Blessed, blessed is the tongue which sings the praise of the Lord Master.

ਤੇ
ਸ੍ਰਵਨ ਭਲੇ ਸੋਭਨੀਕ ਹਹਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਨੁ ਸੁਣਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਤੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ
O my soul! Good and praiseworthy are the ears which hear the singing of Kirtan (divine praises).

ਸੋ
ਸੀਸੁ ਭਲਾ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਪਾਵਨੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜੋ ਜਾਇ ਲਗੈ ਗੁਰ ਪੈਰੇ ਰਾਮ
O my soul! Good and pure is the head which goes and falls at the Guru's feet.

ਗੁਰ
ਵਿਟਹੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਵਾਰਿਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜਿਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਚਿਤੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ੨॥
O my soul! Nanak is a sacrifice unto the Guru who brings the Lord God's Name into one’s consciousness.

ਤੇ
ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਭਲੇ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ਹਹਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜੋ ਸਾਧੂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਦੇਖਹਿ ਰਾਮ
O my soul! Good and approaved are the eyes, which see the saintly True Guru.

ਤੇ
ਹਸਤ ਪੁਨੀਤ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹਹਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜੋ ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਲੇਖਹਿ ਰਾਮ
O my soul!  Sacred and pure are those hands, which write down the Lord's praise and the Lord's Name.

ਤਿਸੁ
ਜਨ ਕੇ ਪਗ ਨਿਤ ਪੂਜੀਅਹਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜੋ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਧਰਮ ਚਲੇਸਹਿ ਰਾਮ
O my soul! I ever adore the feet of that person who walks on to the way of righteousness.

ਨਾਨਕੁ
ਤਿਨ ਵਿਟਹੁ ਵਾਰਿਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਹਰਿ ਸੁਣਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਨੇਸਹਿ ਰਾਮ ੩॥
O my soul! Nanak is a sacrifice unto those who hear of God and believe in God's Name.

ਧਰਤਿ
ਪਾਤਾਲੁ ਆਕਾਸੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਸਭ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ਰਾਮ
O my soul! The earth, under-world and sky all meditate on the Lord master's Name.

ਪਉਣੁ
ਪਾਣੀ ਬੈਸੰਤਰੋ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਨਿਤ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਗਾਵੈ ਰਾਮ
O my soul! The wind, the water and the fire forever sing the praises of Lord God.

ਵਣੁ
ਤ੍ਰਿਣੁ ਸਭੁ ਆਕਾਰੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਮੁਖਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ਰਾਮ
O my soul! The woods, the grass blades and the whole visible world utter with their mouth the Lord Master's Name.

ਨਾਨਕ
ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਦਰਿ ਪੈਨ੍ਹਾਇਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜੋ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਮਨੁ ਲਾਵੈ ਰਾਮ ੪॥੪॥
Nanak says: Those people who fix their mind on the Lord’s devotional service in accordance to the Guru’s teachings are given the robe of honour in God's court.

 

No comments: