Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Nice poem...



Hey Waheguru
Author: unknown

Today, upon a bus, I saw a girl with golden hair. and wished I was as fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle. She had
one leg and wore a crutch. But as she passed, a smile. Hey Waheguru ji,
forgive me when I whine. I have 2 legs, the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy. The lad who sold it had such charm. I talked
with him, he seemed so glad. If I were late, it'd do no harm. And as I left,
he said to me, "I thank you, you've been so kind. It's nice to talk with
folks like you. You see," he said, "I'm blind." Hey Waheguru ji, forgive me
when I whine. I have 2 eyes, the world is mine.

Later while walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue. He
stood and watched the others play. He did not know what to do. I stopped a
moment and then I said, "Why don't you join the others, dear?" He looked
ahead without a word. And then I knew, he couldn't hear. Hey Waheguru ji,
forgive me when I whine. I have 2 ears, the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I'd go. With eyes to see the sunset's glow. With
ears to hear what I'd know. Hey Waheguru ji, forgive me when I whine. I've
been blessed indeed, the world is mine

This poem is just a simple reminder that we have so-o-o much to be thankful for!

-----------

ਅਸਟਪਦੀ ||
ਜਿਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਛਤੀਹ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਖਾਹਿ ||
ਤਿਸੁ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕਉ ਰਖੁ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ ||
ਜਿਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਸੁਗੰਧਤ ਤਨਿ ਲਾਵਹਿ ||
ਤਿਸ ਕਉ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਪਰਮ ਗਤਿ ਪਾਵਹਿ ||
ਜਿਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਸੁਖ ਮੰਦਰਿ ||
ਤਿਸਹਿ ਧਿਆਇ ਸਦਾ ਮਨ ਅੰਦਰਿ ||
ਜਿਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਸੰਗਿ ਸੁਖ ਬਸਨਾ ||
ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਰਸਨਾ ||
ਜਿਹ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਰੰਗ ਰਸ ਭੋਗ ||
ਨਾਨਕ ਸਦਾ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਧਿਆਵਨ ਜੋਗ ||੧||
Ashtapadee:
By God's Grace, you partake of the thirty-six delicacies;
(so) enshrine that Lord and Master within your mind.
By God's Grace, you apply scented oils to your body;
remembering Him, the supreme status is obtained.
By God's Grace, you dwell in the home of peace;
meditate forever on Him within your mind.
By God's Grace, you abide with your family in peace;
keep His remembrance upon your tongue, twenty-four hours a day.
By God's Grace, you enjoy tastes and pleasures;
O Nanak! Meditate forever on the One, who is worthy of meditation. ||1||
(Ang 269)



Dhan Hai Guru, Dhan Hai Teree Sikhee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vaheguru

Anonymous said...

Vaheguru! guru kirpa karn