Monday, September 05, 2005

Welcome to the Family!

On Wednesday 10th August my friend Gurpreet Singh from Kent took Amrit while he was on a Yatra trip in India with a jatha from the UK. During the Yatra trip he gave his head to the Guru and became part of the Guru's family at Sri Kesgarh Sahib, Anandpur Sahib. May Guru Ji keep him in chardikala!

Gurpreet Singh Khalsa visiting Sri Harmandar Sahib after taking Amrit on his trip to India

Gupreet Singh Khalsa with the Jatha walking to Sri Hemkunt Sahib

The Hukamnaama at the Amrit Sanchaar after Bhaji took Amrit was from Ang 619 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib:

sorath mehulaa 5
Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

hamree ganat na ganeeaa kaaee apnaa birad pachhaan.
He did not take my accounts into account; such is His forgiving nature.

haath de-e raakhe kar apne, sadaa sadaa rang maan.1.
He gave me His hand, and saved me and made me His own; forever and ever, I enjoy His Love. 1

saachaa saahib sad miharvaan.
The True Lord and Master is forever merciful and forgiving.

band paaeiaa merai satgur poorai, hoee sarab kaliaan. rahaao.
My Perfect Guru has bound me to Him, and now, I am in absolute ecstasy. Pause.

jeeo paae pindd, jin saajiaa ditaa painann khaann.
The One who fashioned the body and placed the soul within, who gives you clothing and nourishment

apne daas kee aap paij raakhee, naanak sad kurbaan.2.16.44
- He Himself preserves the honor of His slaves. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him. 2.16.44.




On Saturday 13th August, my friend Ravjeet Singh took Amrit in Coventry and became a member of the Khalsa Family. It was great to see so many youngsters take Amrit on that day.

Ravjeet Singh Khalsa standing outside the Gurdwara Sahib before the Amrit-Sanchaar.

The Hukamnaama from in the Amrit Sanchaar was on Ang 623 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

sorath mehulaa 5
Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

gur poorai charnee laaeiaa.
The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet.

har sang sahaaee paaeiaa.
I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend.

jeh jaaeeai tahaa suhele.
Wherever I go, I am happy there.

kar kirpaa prabh mele.1.
By His Kind Mercy, Vaheguru united me with Himself. 1

har gun gaavhu sadaa subhaaee.
So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion.

man chinde sagle phal paavhu jeea kai sang sahaaee.1. rahaao.
You shall obtain all the fruits of your mind's desires, and the Lord
shall become the companion and the support of your soul. 1. Pause.

naaraaein praan adhaaraa.
The Lord is the support of the breath of life.

ham sant janaa renaaraa.
I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people.

patit puneet kar leene.
I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure.

kar kirpaa har jas deene.2.
By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. 2

paarbrahm kare pratipaalaa.

The Supreme Lord Vaheguru cherishes and nurtures me.

sad jeea sang rakhvaalaa.
He is always with me, the Protector of my soul.

har din rain keertan gaaeeai.
Singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises day and night,

bahurr na jonee paaeeai.3.
I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. 3.

jis devai purakh bidhaataa.
One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny,

har ras tin hee jaataa.
realises the subtle essence of the Lord.

jam-kankar nerr na aaeiaa.
The Messenger of Death does not come near him.

sukh naanak sarnnee paaeiaa.4.9.59.

In the Lord's Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. 4959

No comments: