Wednesday, January 06, 2021

ਹੇ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ! ਮੈਨੂੰ ਬਚਾਓ । O Lord! Save Me...

Raag Gond – Bhagat Naam Dev Jee - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - Ang 874

 ਗੋਂਡ
gond. ।।
Written in Raag Gond (the musical theme and emotion of achievement whilst remaining humble) by Bhagat Naam Dev Ji:

ਮੋ ਕਉ ਤਾਰਿ ਲੇ ਰਾਮਾ ਤਾਰਿ ਲੇ ॥
mo kau taar ley, raamaa taar ley.
Carry me across (this ocean of life) and save me, O Lord, carry me across.

ਮੈ ਅਜਾਨੁ ਜਨੁ ਤਰਿਬੇ ਨ ਜਾਨਉ ਬਾਪ ਬੀਠੁਲਾ ਬਾਹ ਦੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
mai a-jaan jan  tar-be na jaa-nau,  baap bee-Thulaa bah dey. ।।1।। rahaa-o. ।।
I am Your devotee, ignorant/unskilled like a child and do not know how to get across the world-ocean of vices and sins, i.e. to overcome temptations on my own; O my Almighty father, give Your arm and pull out Your child. ।।1।।Pause and reflect।।

ਨਰ ਤੇ ਸੁਰ ਹੋਇ ਜਾਤ ਨਿਮਖ ਮੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਬੁਧਿ ਸਿਖਲਾਈ ॥
nar tey  sur ho-e  jaat nimakh mai, satgur budh sikh-laaee.
The True Guru has taught me how one can be transformed from a human being to an angel, i.e. how to be unaffected by vices and sins in the world-play.

ਨਰ ਤੇ ਉਪਜਿ ਸੁਰਗ ਕਉ ਜੀਤਿਓ ਸੋ ਅਵਖਧ ਮੈ ਪਾਈ ॥੧॥
nar te u-paj  surag kau jeet-yo, so av-khadh mai paa-ee. ।।1।।
(O Lord! Bless me that) I may receive that spiritual medicine, i.e. the method by which one having been born a human being – who is subject to temptations in this world-play, can overcome the temptations and conquer heaven (i.e. no longer desire to go to heaven as life here becomes heaven-like with the Guru’s Wisdom and blessings). ।।1।।

ਜਹਾ ਜਹਾ ਧੂਅ ਨਾਰਦੁ ਟੇਕੇ ਨੈਕੁ ਟਿਕਾਵਹੁ ਮੋਹਿ ॥
jahaa jahaa dhoo naarad Te-ke, naik Tikaa-vahu mo-he.
O Almighty, please place me in that steady state of devotion as You placed the child devotee Dhru and made the unsteady sage (wise-man) Naarad steady.

ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਅਵਿਲੰਬਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਜਨ ਉਧਰੇ ਨਾਮੇ ਕੀ ਨਿਜ ਮਤਿ ਏਹ ॥੨॥੩॥
te-re naam av-lamb bahut jan udh-re, naa-me kee nij mat eh. ।।2।।3।।
Numerous people are saved by support Your Holy Name (i.e. connecting with You) this is the firm belief of every devotee. ।।2।।3।।



No comments: