Tuesday, May 26, 2015

"Show me a miracle..."

 

Author: Bhai Vijay Singh (UK)

I was talking to a Gursikh about the youth today and he mentioned how they all want to see miracles and get frustrated when they don't. This reminded me of the Mughuls and how they detained the Gurus Sahibs and asked them, "Show us miracles."
How would Guru Sahib respond?
They would look at us, their Gursikhs, and say, "They are the biggest miracles."
The biggest miracles are amongst us! How many of us have come from Manmukh sharabi, druggy lives to now lead a life of waking up Amrit-vela, reading Bani, doing seva, living in discipline. All for someone we have never physically met. Because that is the game.
The miracle has not come from what we have seen with these eyes, but what we have experienced in our soul. We are still attached to these gyaan indreeaa (sensory organs), looking for miracles, but they will be destroyed with our body and our account will have to be settled by the soul only. Guru Sahib doesn't want us to look for miracles, instead look at yourself, you are the biggest miracle.


ਹਮ ਨੀਚ ਸੇ ਊਤਮ ਭਏ ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਸਰਣਾਈ ||
ਪਾਥਰੁ ਡੁਬਦਾ ਕਾਢਿ ਲੀਆ ਸਾਚੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ ||੪||
ਬਿਖੁ ਸੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਭਏ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਬੁਧਿ ਪਾਈ ||
ਅਕਹੁ ਪਰਮਲ ਭਏ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਵਾਸਨਾ ਵਸਾਈ ||੫||
"I am lowly, but I have been exalted, entering the Sanctuary of the Lord. He has lifted up the sinking stone; True is His glorious greatness. ||4|| From poison, I have been transformed into Amrit (life-giving nectar); under Guru's Instruction, I have obtained wisdom. From bitter herbs, I have been transformed into sandalwood; this fragrance permeates me deep within. ||5||"(Vadhans M:3, 565)


No comments: