Monday, April 21, 2014

"You're a Singh!..."

 
I was walking out of the local shopping centre and I noticed a guy walking towards my direction and looking at me as if he knew me. I struggled to recognise the person and couldn't identify him as anyone I knew. But I realised the guy kept looking at my direction as if he knew me and had a huge smile and an expression on his face like he was astonished.

I smiled back to be friendly. He stopped me and said, "You're a Singh!..." His face was like he was in awe and wonder. Usually you would expect a non-Sikh community that people may look at someone wearing Gurmukhi dress and feel

He a real kushee (happiness) in seeing Sikhi Saroop (Sikh appearance). I replied, "Yes I am a Singh." I was surprised he knew about Singhs because I come from a small town where there hardly any Sikhs and unless someone has been contact with a Sikh, they don't really know of Sikhs. I asked him, "How do you know about Singhs?" With a huge smile he said, "I have met Singhs in Manchester. My friend's friends are Singhs." He seemed speechless after that. It was very humbling to see a non-Sikh by so amazed and thankful to see a Sikh. Just makes you think how amazing our Sikhi Saroop that Guru Gobind Singh jee has blessed us with.


Dhan Hai Guru! Dhan Hai Teree Sikhee!

No comments: